Apr 1, 2015
• 8 oz. cream cheese
• 4 oz. chevre
• 1 shallot, very finely chopped
• 2 t. extra virgin olive oil
• fresh herbs to taste including:
thyme, rosemary, oregano, parsley, marjoram, chives
• salt and pepper to taste
Blend all ingredients in a food processor until you have achieved a smooth, spreadable consistency.
Chill in the refrigerator for a few hours before you use it.
• 1 medium yellow onion, julienned
• 1 small red onion, julienned
• 1 t. butter
• 2 oz. grenadine
• 2 oz. crème de cassis
• 2 oz. red wine
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
Sauté the onions in the butter until very tender. Add the alcohols, bay leaf and pepper flakes, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Reduce till syrup like consistency. Let cool, put in an airtight container and store for a day or two before you use it.